Ingredient measurements are approximate, sweeten to taste. I used organic cane sugar and frozen raspberries. You might want to double...
- Simmer on medium heat: 1 cup cubed rhubarb, a handful of raspberries (or chopped strawberries)with 1/2 cup of water.
- Stir frequently, taking care not to burn and adding water as required
- Once the fruit have reduced to a sauce consistency (about 15 to 20 minutes), remove from heat.
- While hot but not cooking, add 2 tablespoons of raw honey and/or organic sugar.
- Add 1/4 cup of whole chia seeds and a teaspoon of milled flax seed.
- Stir well and let stand to thicken.
Serve warm over pancakes, waffles or muffins. It is wonderful mixed with plain greek yogurt or on it's own by the spoonful for desert! great for adults and children!
Raw chia, honey and flax can certainly be cooked but I prefer keeping their goodness intact as much as possible.
To preserve for up to a couple of weeks, keep refrigerated in a glass jar with an airtight lid.